Set a holiday mood at home
By The Voice News - November 23, 2017
Share this story
Photo by StatePoint
Continuing traditions, like baking and handing down family recipes, can definitely help to start the holiday season out right.
VOICE NEWS REGION – It’s the most festive time of the year. Be sure to fill your home with the classic scents, sounds and sights of the holiday season in the following ways.
1. Start a holiday cookie tradition. Bring the family together by baking cookies. Not only will it fill the home with a scrumptious aroma, it’s a fun activity that can involve everyone. Let kids get creative and decorate their own batch. In the spirit of giving, make some extras to share with friends, neighbors, teachers, coworkers and more.
2. Sing carols. Carol from the comfort of home. To experience a sense of community, organize an at-home holiday sing-along. Recording your performances can also lead to fun years ahead while reminiscing with family and friends.
3. Display greetings. For a festive feel, decorate your home using your holiday cards with greetings from loved ones. String cards together and hang them in the doorway, decorate the fridge or display them on the mantle.
4. Get into the spirit. Frosty pine, sugar cookies, cinnamon and more are just a few scents you can find or make using essential oils and candles. Or, keep it natural and boil cinnamon sticks with orange and cloves.
5. Enjoy your favorite flicks. From classic dramas to contemporary comedies, the holiday genre is eclectic. Set up a home theater and enjoy your favorite films with some hot chocolate under a cozy blanket. At your next holiday party, consider projecting movies silently while playing holiday music for an extra boost of cheer.
The Voice News | 114 Locust Street, Suite B | P.O. Box 148 | Hickman, NE 68372 | 402-792-2255